you will find TapClock at Github => https://github.com/venice1200/TapClock/tree/master/TapClock
Actual Version is v0.8.4 (fixes some Bugs in v0.8.2)
New: Battery check and Alarms, MPU Icon.
See also Readme file inside sketch folder.
Direct Link: https://github.com/venice1200/TapClock/tree/master/TapClock/TapClock_v0.8.4
I added an txt file to Github which explains the states a bit more.
v0.8.2 (fixes some Bugs in v0.8.0)
New: RTC Alarm System used.
See thread entry below and the New Dokumentation TapClock_v0.8.2_ReadMe.txt file inside the sketch folder.
The documentation below is for all Versions before v0.8.x
v0.6.4, using EEPROM System for storing Setup Parameter
See thread entry below.
v0.6.3, added third Watchface BlockClock
Needs the new font “Clock5x7”
v0.6.1, added WakeUp Modes.
1: MPU based Wakeup (TapClock Mode)
2: Lower Right Button based Wakeup (WordClock Mode)
v0.6.0 with 2 Watchfaces (Standard & WordClock) and Gestures for the Setup Menu (see Setup Menu below)
Changed Menu Values (Watchface) are not stored in EEPROM.
After a reboot these setting are back to normal.
v0.5.7 with Time Menu and Stats Page.
Runtime: 22-23 hrs
Definitions: ULB = Upper Left Button (USB Side), URB/LRB = Upper/Lower Right Button
- I2CDEVLIB including an MPU6050 library, search for “jrowberg/i2cdevlib” at Github
- You need I2Cdev and MPU6050 from the Arduino folder
- You need to remove the original MPU library as they share the same filename(s)
- Bounce 2, debouncing Buttons, search for “thomasfredericks/Bounce2” at Github
- SSD1306Ascii, OLED library, search for “greiman/SSD1306Ascii” at Github
- PinChange Interrupt library, search for “NicoHood” at GitHub (up from v0.6.0)
- Need modded “System5x7” font for Battery Symbols, see TapClock Thread (up from v0.6.0)
- If TapClock runs you can upload code to the MCU only if the clock is awaken, so shake it
- The Sketch needs MPU calibrating values which you can create with the WatchX_IMU_Zero_0x69.ino sketch avalible at my Github Repo.
If WatchX is connected to USB Power the System will never go to sleep if it’s awaken.
You can wait until the display is powerred off and then connect USB Power for charging without “display on”.
Charging is shown through an glowing right side Led.
If WatchX is on Battery, the system waits for 5 secs (const long clocktime = 5000;) then send the MCU into “SLEEP_MODE_PWR_DOWN”.
The Interrupt from the MPU is configurred for waking the MCU on shaking or tapping.
The motion values for shaking or tapping are actually fixed in sketch.
Search Setup for:
//Modify the following for your needs mpu.setMotionDetectionThreshold(80); //80 mpu.setMotionDetectionDuration(4); //4
To get proper Angle values from the MPU you need to calibrate your MPU.
Search Setup for the below section and replace my values with your own calibration values:
// Offsets got from IMU_Zero Sketch mpu.setXAccelOffset(106); mpu.setYAccelOffset(-397); mpu.setZAccelOffset(1255); mpu.setXGyroOffset(68); mpu.setYGyroOffset(-9); mpu.setZGyroOffset(29);
To show the time the system needs to be woken up.
After this the clock must be moved to two positions configured in the sketch to show the time (maybe i have to changed this).
// Clockpos/Waitpos const float xclockposmin = 15; const float xclockposmax = 90; const float yclockposmin = -30; const float yclockposmax = 30; const float zclockposmin = 15; const float zclockposmax = 90; const float xwaitposmin = -90; const float xwaitposmax = -20; const float ywaitposmin = -30; const float ywaitposmax = 30; const float zwaitposmin = 20; const float zwaitposmax = 90;
How to get the time shown:
- Wake up the system by shaking watch, the left LED is powerred on
- Rotate watch in that way that clockface can’t be seen, the left LED blinks
- Rotate watch in that way that clockface can be seen, left LED is going off
Now the time should be shown.
If you don’t do this within the clocktime the system goes back to sleep.
The Stats Menu can be used to show the needed angle values.
Setup Menu (Time Menu)
- If Clock is shown ULB opens the Menu for setting the time.
- URB and LRB Button move the “>” Cursor Up and Down (Rotating Cursor)
- Pick a value to modify with ULB, the Menu Entry will be inverted and values can be changed with URB/LRB, confirm with ULB
- Select Exit or Save and confirm with ULB to Save the time values to the RTC or Exit without saving
Setup Menu Starting with v0.6.0
- Rotating WatchX forwards or backwards moves the Cursor up and down or modify the values (Gestures) see https://i.imgur.com/vI5ss3R.mp4
- Choose Watchface: 1=TapClock Watchface, 2=WordClock’s Watchface
- Adjustable Clocktime in 1/10secs = Time until WatchX goes to sleep
- If Clock is shown URB opens the Stats Window showing…
- Uptime after Reset/Restart in hrs:min (if RTC time is set correctly)
- Wakes and Shows to show how often the clock is woken up with/without showing time
- Angle values (+/-90°) calculated from Accelerometer (see sketch for details), calibration (!!) needed for correct values
- Exit with ULB
- Sketch: v0.5.7: 73%, v0.6.0: 84%, v0.6.3: 93%
- Global Variables: v0.5.7: 30%, v0.6.0: 42%, v0.6.3: 45%
See also the Readme on Github.
The cover is Transparent PLA Painted with Tamiya Color Spray.
Inspired by the Odroid-Go community on Reddit.
A WatchX Clock Sketch based on WatchX Hardware and:
- WatchX libs provided by ArgeX, especially the MPU6050 lib and Demo Code from Korneliusz Jarzebski
- OLED Library SSD1306Ascii by Greiman
- i2cdevlib/mpu6050 by jrowberg
- BasicWatch v1 from kghunt
- WatchX by Hackeitos
- Interrupt and Power Save Mode Information by Nick Gammon
- PinChange Interrupt library by NicoHood
- Arduino 1.8.5
- The WatchX Reddit Community
P.S.Still working on Dokumentation
P.S.S Sorry can’t add more Pictures or Links to this Post.