It's still an alarm issue

See this modified library:)

Hello Dear Lawrence,

I some how missed this post. What kind of problem you are having with the BTN1? You can replace the button if you trust your soldering skills:) Pads will hold on without an issue.

That’s all right:) Have you ever soldered anything on the board?

Sure :slight_smile: Please see the second post at the below link :slight_smile:

That’s nice:) Thanks.

hi there, cant acces the link, is it still relevant? searching for a way to solve the alarm problem… still dont know how to , yet.

Have you tried this one?

I just tried, still doesn’t work if the watch is asleep. Or I have to do more than just uploading the firmware? I am using arduino 1.8.13 I have no problem uploading the firmware

Try this
Upload this to your watch, it will write ur EEPROM with the bitmap data.
then upload the real firmware
from here

It may have some button issues, which we can solve later, and if you have any trouble while uploading, try to use an earlier version of Arduino IDE.

and you watchX guys made me REALLY DISAPPOINTED. I started this post about 2 years ago, and you guys have told me to post the work, and you did NOT, even that the work has solved the button issue that was caused by the different generations. WHY ON EARTH DO YOU GUYS STILL USING THE BUGGY ELDER VERSION ??? EVEN WHEN YOU WANNA FIX THE COMPILER ISSUE???

And tell the truth, Zak himself is really unsatisfied because of you guys stealing his work, and marked it all yours. And you even post his photo on your own Kickstarter page and marked him as your “UI Designer”.

1 Like

When I first saw your post, I tried this and it didn’t work, now that you’ve suggested using an older version of Ardu, it worked. although there are some issues as you say with the buttons and also with the menu icons some of them are missing.
Thank you!

And about your disappointment, I don’t want to be ignorant but I can’t have a reaction to it because I don’t know the history of watchx, but it would be a good idea for the guys at watchx to write a short history of the concept on the watchx page, I would like to know the full story.

Hello Dear Lawrence,

We are sorry to disappoint you. We are always here for any kind of help either through community posts or email contacts. Companies can have problems with their software or hardware, even big companies such as Samsung or DJI have problems with their software and hardware. The point is standing behind your product. We have replaced or sent free parts to solve our customer’s problem from the day we established our company, yet we left some unsolved because we are a small team with many customers, we are doing our best.

Regarding to Zak, we don’t steal anything from anyone. watchX and Nwatch are completely different products. You can see that easily by looking at the hardware pictures. Zak’s work is GPL v3 licensed. There is nothing we violate in this license. Please see what is possible and what is not with this license https://tldrlegal.com/license/gnu-general-public-license-v3-(gpl-3) .

We were going to ship watchX units with Zak’s firmware, hence we offered him a payment, however; we did not ship the watchX with Zak’s firmware also Zak was not open for collaboration so we did not. To honor his work we give credit on our Indiegogo page to Zak.

That’s all there is. It is the difference between a project and a product. Nwatch is a project, watchX is a product. We provide our completely different hardware and software, our own scratch coding blocks, learning materials, customer support and production line. The only similarity you can find with watchX and Nwatch is the outer shape. Yes, we inspired by the Nwatch on the outer shape. No one can blame us for for doing so because if people don’t inspire on each other’s work, technology and science would not be at the place where it is today.

Besides the story of the past, we would love to solve your problem and disappointment on watchX:)

All my bests, Mustafa.

2 Likes