Power saving issue

Hi everyone
I have a project on watchx and i want to switch sleeping mode if i press B1. Then i found “sleep and wake on button B1” on mblock but nothing changed. Then i used oled on-off for that reason. So my question is if i use sleeping mode, will IMU and BLE still be working? Does oled on-off is suitable for power saving when i still want to use BLE and IMU during power saving?

With my best regards

Deniz

Hello Dear Deniz,

You may not see any change on “sleep and wake on button B1” if the watchX is plugged into a USB port. We prevent sleep while the watchX is plugged into a USB because it causes communication issues. Please make sure to test your code when the watchX is unplugged. Make sure to wake the watchX before sending any firmware. It is enough to wake it once when connected to a USB port.

• Oled power off works whether the watchX is connected to a USB or not.
  • IMU is working during the sleep, but since the MCU is sleeping you can’t process the data.
  • BLE is working during the sleep how ever, since the MCU is sleeping you can’t process the data

You can power off the OLED and you don’t put the MCU into sleep and you can use IMU and BLE. Putting OLED into sleep helps in power saving however MCU will still consume a lot of power.

Let me know if you have more questions.