3D printed screen spacer

Hi guys,
The feature I love most about WatchX is its minimalistic design. Due to the feeling of fragility, I had to print and tried to wear the original cover but I noticed that with the cover it lost the charm that only WatchX has. Wearing the watch without protections, as I could imagine, cost me a couple of replacement screens because the sweatshirts I was wearing caught with the screen, destroying it. I therefore decided to create a spacer to be inserted between the clock and the screen. I’ll try it for a few days and let you know if it can help. I attach the photos and the stl file ready to be printed

Link to the stl file:

That’s so cool never seen anything like this before :smiley: It’s a very good idea. Did you 3D printed this or laser cut it? Also, I would maybe make the spacer a little bigger on edges so that it would protect the edges of the screen better.

Looks really cool :smiley:

I really love that you admire the minimalistic design of the watchX. Unfortunately, the display needs some more protection as you’ve experienced. And I really liked the idea behind this little part.

By the way, did you know that you can download a 1 to 1 3D model of the watchX? You can find it here. I hope that it will make designing parts like this a lot easier.

And you’ve inspired me :smiley: I will make a minimalistic design to protect the display as well. I will share it with you in the upcoming days. :wink:

I like this too. I’ve toyed with the idea of making a minimalist case that just fits around the edges of the screen and up to the circuit board.

Hi guys,sadly I’m a beginner in 3D drawing and the spacer was one of my first drawing exercises; for this reason I was unable to come up with something nicer.
Anyways, I’m glad to have inspired you, and i can’t wait to see your works

1 Like